There square measure immeasurable edges you’ll be able to get from having your own kitchen garden. you are additional safe with the food you eat, as a result of you are the one planting them and you’ll be able to see the expansion method of your plants everyday. From planting to gather, you are all there morning and afternoon till you reap your sacrifices and see what you have endeavored.
There’s no substitute of overwhelming joy you’ll feel when you see your yummy tomatoes, lush green lettuce, red sweet pepper, and other plants in your garden growing healthy bearing fruits and dark green leaves.
What a magnificent feeling you can imagine when you’re in your garden looking at your plants greeting you with their vigorous growth formation.
I have enumerated some simple tips you can follow for your vegetable garden.
1. Planting area. At least you’ve a space in your home to plant. I mean, any available space can be utilized for planting. You can use your pathways, windowsill, garage, anyplace whatsoever.
2. Available time. Gardening needs your time, not that you’ll devote all your efforts there. If you can utilize at least 1 -2 hours a day, that’s enough to have your garden up and running.
3. Security. Security here, means that your garden should be free from outside encroachment; like astray animals, and other invaders. Your garden should be fenced if possible to avoid trouble later on.
4. Public relation. As a home gardener, you should always be on top of the situation to be in good terms with your neighbors and other people in your community. Based on my experience, my garden is just along the roadside surrounded with lots of bystanders especially during the night. But, I’m glad that my plants are safe and no one dares to steal. My formula is this, during my harvest, I give to my neighbors and anyone who ask, I always give them. That’s my secret.
5. Available planting materials. Now a days, you don’t need to worry where to get your planting materials. There are lots of agriculture stores who sells all your vegetables seeds. You can select whether you want a hybrid or an open pollinated seeds. Select the hybrid seeds if you want an early maturing fruits disease-free or an open pollinated for long season crops.
6. Climate. Vegetables grows in different sets of climatic conditions. You should be familiar with growth pattern of some common vegetables. Some tolerates summer, others during winters, falls and springs. Seek advice from your agriculture extension agents what plant grows well in this particular conditions.
7. Water requirements. Water is the lifeblood of all living things. Vegetables responses well with enough supply of water. Make it your priority to provide a continuous supply of water in your vegetable garden.
There are lots more you can incorporate here, but I only narrow it down to these 7 tips as the most important ones for you to start your vegetable gardening.